Know the Truth, DIY the Basics & Manage the Results!
Maintenance and Repairs
Renovations & Upgrades
I have been doing construction work off and on since High School, where I started doing concrete, roofing and basic carpentry.
Since then, I have worked on dozens of projects, and am currently doing a Gut Rehab at a new purchase in Pilsen - Joist, Sub-floor repair and other repairs, to putting in new walls, ceilings, flooring, bathrooms, kitchens and more.Email me Today!
Top 10 Useful Tips for DIYers
- Drain water heater and check pressure relief valve yearly
- Check water heat dip tube and anode rod every 3-5 years
- Contractor pricing is 2X-4X cost of materials, not included
- Basic plumbing repairs take 20 min.and cost under $20
- Re-caulk shower area every 2-3 years to avoid water problems
- Buy an Auger and use it use it every 6 months for hair, etc.
- Change all water valves to ball valves and re-tape, tighten all
- The more you pay a contractor up front the less you will receive
- When working, remember that it's always safety and patience first.
- Create a simple project -cash -time mgmt SS or Doc. & contract